You’re sitting on your laptop somewhere in the world, contemplating “should I sell my amazing products on Amazon?” And if you keep reading for the next 5 minutes I’ll address all those questions that you have.
Let’s start with some of the benefits for your brand will have on the Amazon platform:
- You get to tap into Amazon’s mass audience base. Currently at 310 MILLION active customers which is just mind-boggling!
- The audience on Amazon is already looking to buy the ‘product idea’ that you have. All you have to do is convince them that your product is the one that they need to buy.
- Amazon has one of the most targeted ad networks in the world. It’s a marketplace where you are able to target people who are looking to buy the exact product that you sell!
- If you feel that your fulfillment operations are lacking, Amazon has a world-class fulfillment network where they can handle the shipping, packing, storage, and fulfillment of your orders. They can also provide the service for your off Amazon orders.
- If you do choose to use Amazon’s Fulfillment network then your products are automatically “PRIME” and will be shipped to customers in two days!
- Organic SEO: As more and more of your products sell on Amazon you raise in rank for keywords that are included in your listings. By having a higher rank people will naturally see your product when they search related terms.
On the flip side, not every business should be on Amazon. Here are a couple of reasons why you may want to hold off from joining the platform:
- There may be extreme market saturation for the product that you sell. Sometimes there are already
a gazillionpeople who sell the types of products that you do. The current way you market products might not work but with a few small changes, you can make yourselves stand out from the competition. (We can help you identify the competition in your niche)
- Your product has an extremely short shelf-life. For example, you sell cupcakes and they only last for 5 days. This might be a little tough to do FBA with but on the flip side, selling can still work for you, just through Fulfillment by Merchant.
- The product that you sell is restricted
onAmazon. For example, if you sell fireworks, alcohol, firearms and the like you may not be able to list your products. But on the positive side, you may be able to sell accessories or merchandise related to the restricted product you sell. You can check out HERE all the restricted products (or just ask us if you have any questions).
- You can’t keep up with the demand of people buying your products. This is a blessing and a curse. It’s great if you sell through all your inventory, but as you run out of a product you will fall in Amazon’s algorithm and will have to build your rank up again.
- The thought of putting your amazing product into more hands doesn’t excite you. If this is the case, I question why you are in business!
Selling via Amazon can be a great benefit to your business and can add a whole new revenue stream that didn’t even exist before. Through this article, we hope to have shed some light on the positive and negatives of putting your brand on Amazon and hope that you are better prepared to take the plunge!
If you’re reading this and still looking for more, we are more than happy to offer you a free consultation about the beauty of selling via Amazon. If you are interested fill out the contact form on our site or simply email us @ email@example.com and we will be in touch with you shortly.